Powered By Blogger

Monday 4 June 2012

Canberra stampede!!

Wherefore out thou Jodie?
Here I am!!
Sorry about the lapse in blog posts over the past few weeks, but phew! it has been a busy time……we went off to Fiji…… then back home and holiday recovery, then off to Canberra last week….. now I am back home again, recovering from my few days of convention.

And I have to say, the weather here is worse than Canberra!  I was expecting to freeze to death in our capital, but the weather was not too bad, crisp days and really chilly below zero nights, but altogether not so bad.

Not just paper goodies………..but gorgeous fabric samples too!! 
So what did I get up to in Canberra?  Well, if you can imagine 460-ish mad keen paper crafters, mostly Stampin' Up! demonstrators (including one gentleman demonstrator) all bursting with excitement, squealing, laughing, chatting and stampeding into the annual Stampin' Up! 2012 Convention, then you got it right!!  Two and a half days of demonstrations, seminars, shopping, browsing gorgeous cards and scrapbooking examples, playing with new products…..oh and GIVEAWAYS!!  Gorgeous giveaways galore!!  Capped off by a lovely dinner and awards night.  Ooooh it was so much fun!!  I mean, seriously, it was just brilliant!!!  If you love craft in any way, shape or form, you would have LOVED it!
Waiting patiently for the show to begin………Stampin' Up! Convention 2012

Creative class mayhem and fun!

A gorgeous scrapbooking sample

Stampin' Up! put on a fantastic, professional and welcoming few days.  We had staff out from the Home Office in Utah, USA and they were all so friendly and hilarious.  Our Aussie staff were their usual lovely selves, keeping us entertained and looked after.  So much was packed into two and a half days……..Well done to them all!!

Our team photo at the Dinner
The four of us had a fantastic Convention, lots of late night chatting and giggles…….somewhat exhausted most of the time…….fuelled up on Cola drinks and lots of chocolate……….absolute excitement about the new products coming our way in September…….and did I mention the giveaways?  So, so cool!  Oh and we had Teena's car, which we managed to fill with lots of goodies, and we got lost when we first arrived…….and got lost again.  I have never seen so many huge roundabouts!!  Even with using the GPS, Canberra is a tricky city to navigate!!

I would have loved to show you more lovely examples of the new products, but I am sworn to secrecy, so I can't post the gorgeous photos I have…….sorry ladies!!

See ya soon,

Cheers,

Jodie
MPH xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!