Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Shake it up...

Good morning!

I hope everyone hung on to their hats last night, after our amazing 5.3 ish earth tremor?  I was having dinner at a friend's house last night and after dinner we had sat down in the lounge room.  She got up to put her son to bed and not long after my lounge chair started to shake.  It was weird, because I initially thought she was playing a trick on me by rocking my chair, so I looked around only to find her gone from the lounge room.  Then I thought that maybe the cat was climbing up the back of the chair, making it move?  I didn't give it another thought until my sister messaged me about the tremor and it all made sense.  What a weird feeling it is to feel the earth shake……sort of scary (luckily it was not a major tremor), a little bit exciting but also a strong feeling of helplessness, as it is beyond our control.

Anyway, I soon headed home to check that all was well and to make sure my pets were all safe.  Our house is on stumps so it would have had a right royal shaking for sure!

I settled in to poke around the Internet, as I quite often do some nights.  I clicked on the Contemporary Handmade Alliance website/blog which I had looked at briefly a couple of times before.  This time, I went through a lot more of the blog and found some amazing information on it.  The posts are sometimes written by guest contributors, each giving their own take on a certain subject and always filled with plenty of great advice.  I was pleased to discover Ali from Cheeky Pickle had written a few posts.

So if you have a few spare moments, which will probably turn into an hour or two, there are some great tips, tricks and info for your own handmade business.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Jodie
MPHxx

11 comments:

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!